- TEAM SWIMLANDJunior Competitive
In the Team SWIMLAND Program students start focusing on the competitive aspects of swimming.
Students start to work with caches to understand the habits in the water and out that competitive swimmers follow to get the best results they can give.
Team SWIMLAND is our squad training team designed to be the connection between learn to swim/water safety skills and further development in the fundamentals of effective technique in the competitive strokes. We aim to maintain an enjoyable and motivating development environment that focuses on improving the ability of swimming while also developing a love of the sport.
There will be training to improve stamina and power as well as refine stroke technique, providing the perfect platform to lead into high performance or senior school swim teams for those that choose that path.
Level - ACTIVE GREEN TEAM 9 - 10
- IN LEVEL 9, we introduce students to lap swimming and the habits continuous swimming entails. Students are also introduced to a small amount of timed swimming.
- IN LEVEL 10, the continuous swim distance becomes more sustained and timed swims become faster. Technique in the strokes will be fine-tuned and experimented with to show that small changes in the stroke can have a big impact.
- Efficient Strokes
- Timed Swimming
- Continuous Swimming
Requirements - to participate in this programs swimmers are required to
Swim 25m all strokes, meet swimming time requirements (ST), meet stroke technique requirements (Lvl 10, ST).
- Students in this program may be looking to join school or competitive swim teams or swim at university.
- Student who want to continue swimming for fitness in an enjoyable and motivating environment.